Dungri nu Shaak
Recipe Type: Vegetable, Subji
Dungri nu shaak is normally preferable with light meal. In Kathiyawad, normally it is preferable with roti, bhakhri or khichdi.
- 250 gm Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Mustard seeds
- Pinch of Cumin seeds
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp cumin coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash onions and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil at medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds, when it sputtering, add cumin seeds.
- Add asafetida, turmeric powder and onions. Stir them well and cook for 10-15 minutes at medium flame.
- Now add red chili powder and salt according taste.
- When onions become very soft, add cumin coriander powder.
Serve hot with Roti, Paratha, Bhakhri, Rotlo also. You can eat with Khichdi Kadhi also.