Kheer (Rice Kheer – Payasam) is one of popular sweet in India. Kheer is prepare during festivel & all special occasions. Kheer is essential in major Hindu festivals. We prepare kheer in all good occasions. Kheer is prepared using milk, rice, ghee & sugar. Kheer is easy to made and nutrious.
There are many variant of kheer according regions. Kheer is also known as world’s oldest rice pudding. Normally is served with Gujarati Thali or as desserts also.
- 1 cup Rice (jirasar)
- 5 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- Water according to requirement
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour.
- Heat cooker and add rice and 2.5 cup water in it. Cover the lid.
- Cook till 5-6 whistle.
- When it cools, open properly.
- Now add milk and sugar in it.
- Stir properly.
- Cook for 15 minutes at medium flame.
- When it boils and appears semisolid, keep in to bowl and add cardamom powder in it.
- Mix well and serve with Puri and Roti.