Recipe Type: Sweets
Pendas are most favorite Gujarati Festival Sweets. There are lots of variants of Pendas in different flavor.
- 500 gm mawa / Khoya (greated)
- 400 gm Sugar
- Water according to requirement
- 250 gm ghee
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 100 gm almonds (chopped)
- Heat a pan and roast mawa in ghee at slow flame.
- When it color change pink to light brown. Keep it a side.
- Now heat a pan, add sugar and add water till sugar deep.
- Heat at slow flame till sugar syrup forms 2 threads.
- Then add mawa and stir well. Also add cardamom powder in it and mix well.
- When it becomes cool, divide in to small balls.
- Now press with back of small bowl. It will mould in to penda shape.
- Sprinkle thin slices of almonds.