Recipe Type: Festival Recipes, Sweet
Cuisine: Indian, Gujarati
Mohanthal is delicious Gujarati festival sweet. Normally Mohanthal is Janmastami and Diwali festival sweet.
- 250 gm Chickpea flour (coarse) (Besan)
- 200 gm Desi Ghee
- 200 gm Sugar
- Half cup Milk
- Few drop of food color
- Few Almonds
- Few Pistachio nuts
- Take the flour in a dish. Add 2 spoon warm ghee and milk in flour.
- Press the flour and leave it for half an hour.
- Now roast flour in ghee at slow flame till become medium brown color.
- In other vessel. Take sugar and add water till it deep. Now heat it at low flame till it forms 2 threads.
- Mix food color in roasted flour. When roasted flour become cool (slight hot), then only adds sugar syrup in the flour and stir properly. If mixture becomes harder then you can add some milk to make it soft.
- Pour in dish and decorate with almond, pistachio nuts. Now cut in medium pieces after it cool down.
In Monsoon, Make sugar syrup one and half thread rather than 2 threads. You can roast flour till become more brown color to make more tasty.
Image : Chirag Desai