Recipe Type: Snacks, Farsan
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Vanva is mostly Festival snacks in Kathiyawad. Mostly it made during rainy festival Janmastami.
- 250 gm Chickpea flour (Besan)
- 2 table spoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- One and half cup Water
- 2 tea spoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tea spoon Black pepper powder
- First take chickpea flour in mixing bowl.
- Add salt, carom seeds, black pepper powder, 2 table spoon oil and water in the flour.
- Knead the dough. It should not sticky enough to stick your hand.
- Dough should be medium soft. Now make small balls of dough.
- Now deep one ball in to dry flour and roll it in to thin dice.
- Add dry flour to keep prevent it sticking to the rolling surface.
- Now heat oil in a pan at medium flame and fry vanva one by one.
- Vanva is ready for serve.
You can store vavna upto 10-15 days in air tight container.
You can serve with mint green chutney, curd, tea.